Whether your organisation has 5 or 5,000 employees, you can’t afford not to face up to Equal Employment Opportunity issues. Apart from the moral imperative to ensure a non-threatening and fair workplace environment, there are significant legal responsibilities shared by all employers and employees. In cases involving harassment, bullying and discrimination, ignorance of the law is not a valid defence, and nor is a lack of intent to cause offence or harm. Employers can also be personally held accountable for the actions of their staff. So the need to provide high quality education in EEO is obvious.
What the course covers
The Equal Employment Opportunity course covers the following major subject areas:
- What Equal Employment Opportunity means
- Why EEO is important in the workplace
- Introduction of key terms in EEO
- A definition of discrimination
- Anti-discrimination laws that apply at work
- Grounds for discrimination under the law
- Different types of harassment that can occur
- A definition of harassment and bullying
- Effects of harassment and bullying in the workplace
- Responsibilities and liabilities for EEO breaches
- Dealing with EEO grievances and complaints
- EEO tribunals and tribunal procedures
- Introduction of the concept of productive diversity
- How to build productive diversity at work
- The 8 competencies leading to productive diversity
Course structure and delivery
This online course takes 80 to 100 minutes to complete, but may be completed over several sessions. Topics are organised into 6 modules, with each containing a short quiz. Every quiz must be passed to complete the course.
Refresher course is also available
The Equal Employment Opportunity full course content can be supplemented with our “refresher” version, which is specially designed to support periodic re-training of staff. The refresher course covers the same content as the full course, but in a more concise manner, and with a focus on reinforcing concepts and assessing knowledge.
Additional unique tools and features
High quality, comprehensive and engaging content is not all there is to our unique course offerings. Our courses are supported by the flexible and powerful Ensignia® platform. The course content also includes many unique features and customisation options that no other vendor can match.