This essential Privacy Law training module will give your staff a comprehensive understanding of their obligations and responsibilities when dealing with personal and sensitive information. With a special focus on customer relations, this course explains the Australian Privacy Principles embodied in the Privacy Act, including numerous real-world examples and scenarios to illustrate important concepts. Individuals who complete this module will be shown how to recognise protected information and use it appropriately. Without ensuring your staff has this knowledge your organisation may risk fines, damage to reputation, loss of productivity and/or other serious consequences.
What the course covers
The Australian Privacy Law training course covers the following major subject areas:
- Introduction to privacy laws
- What is ‘protected information’?
- Recognising ‘personal’ and ‘sensitive’ information
- Why privacy law compliance is important
- Understanding information collection
- What is fair and unfair collection of information?
- Individuals’ rights with regard to privacy
- Direct versus indirect collection of information
- Acceptable disclosure of information
- Direct marketing activities and obligations
- Maintaining data quality and security
- Dealing with old data and keeping data up to date
- Individuals’ rights to access and correct data
- The use of identifiers and anonymous data
- Issues around trans-border data flows
Course structure and delivery
This online course takes 70 to 90 minutes to complete, but may be completed over several sessions. Topics are organised into 5 modules, with each containing a short quiz. Every quiz must be passed to complete the course.
Refresher course is also available
The Privacy full course content can be supplemented with our refresher course, which is specially designed to support periodic re-training of staff. The refresher course covers the same content as the full course, but in a more concise manner, and with a focus on reinforcing concepts and assessing knowledge.
Additional unique tools and features
High quality, comprehensive and engaging content is not all there is to our unique course offerings. Our courses are supported by the flexible and powerful Ensignia® platform. The course content also includes many unique features and customisation options that no other vendor can match.