This Restrictive Trade Practices online training module will provide staff at all levels of your organisation with a greater understanding of how competition is protected by the Competition and Consumer Act. The penalties for not complying with the law can be substantial; fines can exceed $10 million per offence for companies and can be up to half a million for individuals who are found to behave anti-competitively – and ignorance of the law is no defence against legal action! This training provides practical guidance on staying compliant with the complex laws surrounding restrictive trade practices.
What the course covers
The Restrictive Trade Practices course covers the following major subject areas:
- Introduction to restrictive trade practices law
- Six ‘golden rules’ of acceptable trade practice
- Price fixing; what it is and why it is prohibited
- What is allowed under price fixing laws
- Boycotts and collective boycotts
- Why collective boycotts are illegal
- Secondary boycotts
- What is allowed under collective boycott laws
- What is ‘misuse of market power’?
- Why laws prohibit the misuse of market power
- What can be considered misuse of market power
- Third line forcing; what it is and why it is illegal
- What is allowed under third line forcing laws
- The concept of resale price maintenance
- Conduct that substantially lessens competition
Course structure and delivery
This online course takes 90 to 120 minutes to complete, but may be completed over several sessions. Topics are organised into 7 modules, with each containing a short quiz. Every quiz must be passed to complete the course.
Refresher course is also available
The Restrictive Trade Practices full course content can be supplemented with our “refresher” version, which is specially designed to support periodic re-training of staff. The refresher course covers the same content as the full course, but in a more concise manner, and with a focus on reinforcing concepts and assessing knowledge.
Additional unique tools and features
High quality, comprehensive and engaging content is not all there is to our unique course offerings. Our courses are supported by the flexible and powerful Ensignia® platform. The course content also includes many unique features and customisation options that no other vendor can match.