This Sexual Harassment training module is an invaluable tool in helping to make your workplace free of incidents involving sexual harassment. Despite strong government attention and legislative focus, sexual harassment still remains the most prevalent form of harassment in the workplace. This module is suitable for staff at all levels and is relevant for all workplaces, aiming to educate generally about the negative impacts of harassment and also to challenge widely held misconceptions about what sexual harassment is. Workplace education on the issues and challenges surrounding this complex topic is the most effective method of encouraging compliance with legislation and helping to avoid problems.
What the course covers
The Sexual Harassment training course covers the following major subject areas:
- Definition of the term ‘sexual harassment’
- The legal framework for sexual harassment
- Individuals’ rights and responsibilities at work
- The importance of workplace policies
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment
- Hostile working environments
- Single incidents can constitute harassment
- Harassment can occur even without intent
- Responsibilities outside of the workplace
- Conventions on ‘acceptable’ behaviour
- Responding to an incident of sexual harassment
- The role and responsibilities of management
- Anti-discrimination laws
- Proactive prevention of sexual harassment
Course structure and delivery
This online course takes 70 to 100 minutes to complete, but may be completed over several sessions. Topics are organised into 5 modules, with each containing a short quiz. Every quiz must be passed to complete the course.
Refresher course is also available
The Sexual Harassment full course content can be supplemented with our refresher course, which is specially designed to support periodic re-training of staff. The refresher course covers the same content as the full course, but in a more concise manner, and with a focus on reinforcing concepts and assessing knowledge.
Additional unique tools and features
High quality, comprehensive and engaging content is not all there is to our unique course offerings. Our courses are supported by the flexible and powerful Ensignia® platform. The course content also includes many unique features and customisation options that no other vendor can match.